Basic Tomato Soup
This basic tomato soup is excellent as a base for any tomato-based casseroles. To give it that sweep and slightly tangy taste, we added tomatoes, onions, celery salt, and other ingredients
Basic Tomato Soup Recipe
- 2 cups chopped Tomatoes
- 1 cup Chopped Onions
- 2 tsp Celery Salt
- 2 tsp Brown Sugar
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 3 tbsp Flour
- 1 cup Cold Milk (240ml)
- In a blender, combine tomatoes, onions, celery salt, brown sugar, and puree.
- On medium heat, add butter to saucepan and melt.
- Add flour and whisk for about 10mins (or until roux smells toasted).
- Slowly whisk milk into roux. Add the milk a little at a time to ensure a lump free and creamy sauce.
- Cook for 5mins or until sauce is slightly thickened.
- Stir in tomato mix to the white sauce and simmer for 10-15mins.