Suya or Tsire is a spicy beef in a skewer. It is a popular food treat item in Nigeria and West Africa.
- 1 lb Beef You can use meat of choice.
- Authentic Mallam Suya Spice Check the recipe made for this.
- Soak the Suya Sticks (Skewers) in cold water for at least 4 hours. This will prevent it from burning when roasting the Suya.
- Cut the beef into very thin fillets
- Stick the beef fillets
- Spread the Suya Spice mixture in a tray or wide dish.
- Dab the skewered beef in the spice until all the beef is covered with the Suya Spice.
- Place and cover the spiced skewered beef in a tray or wide dish, allow it marinate for an hour or two.
- Preheat grill or oven at about 300°F to 400°F.
- Oil the rack of the grill or oven. This prevents the beef from sticking when roasting.
- Spray some oil on the spiced skewered beef before placing it into the grill or oven.
- Roast each sides for about 5 to 6 minutes.