Chia seeds are small, oval-shaped seeds that are a rich source of nutrients such as omega-3 fatty acids, antioxidants, protein, and fibre. They are also a good source of calcium, phosphorus, and magnesium. Chia seeds can be eaten raw, soaked in water or juice, added to smoothies, or used as a thickener in baking. They are often used as a replacement for eggs in vegan recipes and can also be used as a topping for yogurt, cereal, and oatmeal
BENEFITS OF CHIA SEEDS
- High in antioxidants: Chai seeds are rich in antioxidants such as flavonoids and phenolic acids, which can help protect against cellular damage and inflammation.
- Heart-healthy: Chai seeds contain omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, which can help lower cholesterol and reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Good source of protein: Chai seeds are a good source of plant-based protein, making them a great addition to vegetarian and vegan diets.
- Helps with digestion: Chai seeds are high in fiber, which can help promote healthy digestion and prevent constipation.
- May aid in weight loss: The high fiber and protein content in chai seeds may help keep you feeling full and reduce cravings, which can aid in weight loss.
- May improve skin health: Chai seeds are rich in vitamins and minerals such as zinc and vitamin E, which can help improve skin health and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Gluten-free: Chai seeds are gluten-free, making them a great alternative for people with gluten sensitivities or celiac disease.
- Easy to incorporate: Chai seeds can be easily added to smoothies, oatmeal, yogurt, and baked goods for a nutritious boost.