KuliKuli is basically fried groundnut paste after oil has been extracted from the paste.
A very popular snack in Nigeria but native (originated) to the northern part. In its hey days, the Northern part of Nigeria was renowned for its groundnut pyramids.
Kuli Kuli Recipe
- 1 kg Toasted Groundnuts (Peanuts)
- Groundnut Oil or Vegetable Oil
- In a food processor, blitz groundnut into a paste
- Pour paste into a cheese cloth (if using) and continuously squeeze to separate oil from paste.
- Shape peanut paste into shape of choice and deep fry in peanut oil.
- Allow to completely cool and store in a container.