Molten Chocolate Cake
Everybody knows somebody or knows someone who knows someone who is a Chocaholic! The way it melts in the mouth can evoke indescribable feelings. It’s simply a comfort food for me. This heavenly tasting, melt in your mouth molten chocolate cake recipe, will make you a new convert and a favorite host in 15min.
Molten Chocolate Cake Recipe
- ½ cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate
- ½ cup Icing Sugar
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 Egg Yolk
- ¼ cup Butter
- 3 tbsp Plain Flour
- Preheat oven to 220 C/ 425 F
- Butter 2 ramekins and dust with flour.
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine chocolate chunks and butter.
- Microwave on High till butter is melted (approx. 1 min).
- Whisk until chocolate melts completely, then add sugar.
- Add the eggs and egg yolks.
- Gently stir in flour till well blended, then pour into ramekins.
- Bake for 15 mins.
- When sides are firm with a soft center, remove carefully and let it stand for 1min.
- Gently loosen edges of cake with a skewer or knife, before turning onto dessert plates.
- Enjoy with fruit of choice and a whipped topping.